AVID HIFI Limited products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the original date of purchase, extending to five years subject to the product owner having submitted
the Product Registration form and the following conditions being observed.
- The product must have been purchased through an authorized AVID dealer
- This warranty is in favour of the original purchaser only, except where...
- Warranties are transferable to subsequent owners provided the new owner completes the product registration form. Warranty obligation is passed from dealer to manufacturer.
- During the warranty period, AVID will repair, or replace any defects in material or workmanship, without charge for parts or labour.
- Should product need to be returned a written description of the defect and a photocopy of the original purchase receipt must accompany it. Receipts must show the model, serial number, date of purchase, name and address of purchaser and authorized dealer and the price paid.
- Returned product must be packed in the original packing and returned to AVID or original dealer by the customer at his/her expense. AVID will pay return freight of its choice.
- The warranty is void if the product has been used or handled other than in accordance with the instruction manual supplied, abused or misused, damage by accident or neglect or in being transported, or the defect is due to the product being repaired or tampered with by anyone other than AVID or an dealer with prior authorization.
- The warranty is void if the product serial number has been removed, altered or made illegible.
- The warranty is void if the product has been taken out of the country of purchase.
- Specific parts excluded from this warranty include: sapphire thrust bearing, drive belts and O-rings.
These items have no warranty, however replacements may be issued by AVID at our discretion.
- AVID shall not be held liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind arising from the sale or use of its products.
- The warranty applies to ex-demonstration product, using the date of manufacture as purchase date.
- Where the product is sold under a consumer transaction (as defined by the Sale of Goods Act 1979) the statutory rights of the purchaser are not affected by this warranty.
- Products are sold on the basis of specifications applicable at the time of sale. AVID shall have no obligation to modify or to update products once sold.
- AVID has formal distribution in many countries throughout the world. In each country the AVID importer has contractually accepted the responsibility for the product warranty. Warranty should normally be obtained from the importing agent or distributor from whom you obtained your product. In the unlikely event of service required beyond the capability of the importer, AVID will, of course, back up the warranty.
- Where product has been either supplied directly or there is no current distributor, AVID accepts responsibility for the warranty period.
- Returned product must be packed in the original packing and returned to AVID by the customer at his/her expense. AVID will pay return freight of its choice.
- The warranty is only valid in the country of purchase.
- Products outside there original destination requires that units with remaining warranty be returned to the country of purchase for the warranty to be valid. Customer is responsible for freight both ways and all associated import and
- Foreign distributors are not required to provide warranty service, repair or change AC mains voltage on units that they did not originally import and sell.
- Foreign distributors may at their discretion offer service for a fee.